It's Christmas for Haiti time!
Jesus is the reason for the season, right? It sounds so cliche but it's so true. Christmas joy is all about the birth of Jesus and celebrating that God sent His Son to live with us and die for us!
Each fall, we commit to packing bags of little Christmas gifts to children in Haiti as a part of our partnership with RTS MIssions.
Last year we sent over 150 bags to Haiti to share the joy and hope that Jesus' birth brings.
How do I participate?
It's pretty simple.
Grab a gallon-sized freezer bag, choose an age range & gender, fill & return to the church by October 25th. (Bags are available at the church to fill if you don't have one handy!) Make sure everything fits in your bag and that it zips shut.
- On the front of the bag, indicate whether your bag is for a boy or a girl and an age range (2-4 years, 5-7 years, or 8-12 years)
- Decorate the outside of our bag with stickers, drawings, etc (optional)
- Please consider making a donation of $3+ to cover shipping, providing food, and clean water
Some suggested items to include:
- small cars
- stuffed animals
- School supplies:
- plastic rulers
- Hygiene items:
- bars of soap
- Relationship items:
- note to child
- your family photo
Please do NOT include:
- War related Items, including toy soldiers, GI Joes, tanks, play knives, play guns, etc.
- Perishable items, including Jolly Ranchers, candy canes, chocolate, canned food
- Liquids (only exception to this rule is toothpaste & shampoo)
- Medicines, including vitamins, cough drops, ointments, etc.
- Breakable such as mirrors or items with glass