May 11, 2021
With local vaccination numbers increasing and our effective procedures, we have determined that if we reach 40 new cases per 100,000 people, there will be the possibility of moving to online-only worship.
We will continue with reservations for in-person worship, including limited spots in the nursery (infant to age 3) and a waiting list when we reach maximum capacity. Starting this week, registrations will remain open until Sunday at 8 AM. If, for some reason, you are unable to join us for in-person worship, please cancel your reservation or let Alisa know. Our in-person seating is limited due to physical distancing. Masks will continue to be required for all persons older than 2 years old.
Here are changes beginning May 16, 2021;
- You will be able to seat and dismiss yourself (previously, you were escorted to a seat and dismissed by an usher). While you are able to choose your own seat, some large groups may still receive instructions on where to sit.
- No specific number of seats is required between parties in a row, you will be able to 'block off' seats next to use using a hymnal (in the Sanctuary) or a token (in Brandt Hall) to indicate you'd like to have some space.
- Chatting and visiting with friends can happen in the worship space (or outside, but please avoid gathering in the hallways).
What's not changing:
- Masks are still required for any person 2+ years of age in the building for all services
- Doors will open 15 minutes before the service start time
- Registrations will continue to be requried
- Ushers are still available to help you find a seat if you'd like it
- Ushers in the Sanctuary will be available to help with hearing assistance devices
- Infant and toddler nursery is available, pre-registration is required
What to expect for in-person worship
Registrations will open each week on Wednesdays at noon and close on Sundays at 8AM. This will give us ample time to ensure we have adequate seating.
Please reserve a seat for each member in your party. If the standard selection is full, please add your party to the waitlist.
In order to facilitate the safest worship service possible for you the following safety parameters are in place:
- MAIN ENTRANCE (south doors) open 15 minutes prior to the start of service (the other doors will be locked/unmanned)
- social distancing will be practiced in all areas of the church
- masks are required in the building at all times for Sunday services for any person 2 years of age and older (if you don't have a mask, some will be available for you to take home and re-use)
- infant and toddler nursery is available, pre-registration is required
Some other precautions we'll be taking include:
- limited building access
- offering will be collected via a drop-box at the exit of the worship space
- children's programming is temporarily unavailable
It is your personal responsibility to ensure that you come to church only if you are feeling well and healthy.
Please stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or any other communicable disease, including but not limited to: fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, or headache.
Please let us know if you have been found positive for COVID-19 after attending an in-person event at Christ Church
We want to care for each of you and in order to do that we'd like to let you know if we learn of a positive COVID-19 case from someone who attended the same services as you.
If someone reports that they have tested positive for COVID-19, we will not share their name or personal information. Instead, our communication will be like this: "Christ Church has learned that a person who attended services on XX date has recently tested positive for COVID-19."
PLEASE NOTE: Subsequent weekly services will be evaluated regularly and we will pause services if there is a spike in coronavirus cases or guidance from officials asking us to make a change.