For those who are unable to serve, a short message will be streamed via our Facebook, and Youtube pages.
Spring Revive Sunday
Revive Sunday is an opportunity for us to set aside time to serve in our community. Revive Projects take the place of Christ Church worship services on May 7.
9:00 AM Gathering in Sanctuary for Prayer and Sending Off
9:15 AM Revive Projects
10:45-11:30 AM Fellowship Brunch
Come to Brandt Hall and enjoy brunch and share with others your experience from the morning. (Brunch will be ready as soon as projects start finishing and will be served until the last work group is there.)
Families with Kids
Elementary kids can sign up for one of our family friendly projects and serve alongside an adult family member.
Nursery and Preschool will be available for preschool and younger with fun activities for the kiddos.
Revive Sunday Projects
Ronald McDonald House “Kits for a Good Cause”
- (Christ Church, Fellowship Hall)
- This project is a way to provide care and comfort to families that are traveling for children’s medical care. We will be assembling Toiletry and Activity Kits for the parents to offer support so they can focus on their child/ren. We will also make encouragement cards to go in the kits.
- Maximum Participants: 20
Kids Against Hunger
- (Christ Church, Brandt Hall)
- This wonderful mission is a favorite project for Christ Church which involves packaging highly nutritious meals to send to impoverished children. Hairnet & gloves provided for foodservice precautions.
- Maximum Participants: 24
My Very Own Blanket for Foster Children
- (Christ Church, Conference Room A)
- A new project this time is making no-sew fleece blankets for My Very Own Blanket. MVOB is dedicated to warming the heart of every child in the foster care system with a blanket which can give a feeling of comfort, security and a smile.
- Maximum Participants: 8
Clean Planet Project at Slattery Park
- (4629 Northwest Blvd, Davenport)
- Making the world a better place by spending time picking up litter at Slattery Park. (Work gloves must be worn while picking up litter.)
- K-6th grade must have a parent or guardian with them.
- Maximum Participants: 12
- (Christ Church, Conference Room B)
- Christ Church has supported Buchanan Elementary School for years. To show our love as the school closes this June, you can help make thank you cards for Buchanan staff.
- Maximum Participants: 10
Cookies for our Community Helpers
- (Christ Church, Kitchen)
- Christ Church is going to show our appreciation to our local public service workers like postal staff, waste collectors, firefighters, police officers, etc.
- All bakers welcome.
- Maximum Participants: 8
HDC Residential Center (Handicap Development Center)
- (2700 Linwood Court, Davenport)
- Volunteers will be mulching and planting at the new entrance to the facility. Residents will be joining volunteers with this project. There will be an alternate indoor project if weather doesn’t cooperate.
- Maximum Participants: 14
(925 Marquette Street, Davenport)
This group will be working on backyard landscaping at the new Family Stability Home. 180 will provide tools and landscaping items. Volunteers need to bring work gloves.
Maximum Participants: 12